Diet tips to help relieve
Although there’s no evidence that diet causes UC symptoms, see below for a few diet tips that may help:
- Keep a diet diary to help pinpoint troublesome foods
- Adjust eating patterns as your disease changes over time
- Maintain a well-balanced diet
- Consume ample amounts of fluids
A well-balanced diet helps replace nutrients.
Good nutrition is one of the ways the body restores itself to good health. Restoring and maintaining proper nutrition is important to help manage your UC for the following reasons:
- Appetites can be reduced
- Chronic diseases tend to increase the energy needs of the body
- Conditions may improve with nutritional support
3 Major Food Groups
meat, fish, poultry,
dairy (if tolerated)
bread, cereal, starches,
Did you know?
Ulcerative colitis symptoms
are not triggered by eating
any 1 food group.
However, certain foods may
aggravate symptoms once